How does my clinic become a Member?
Read the 2016 Membership letter from President Ann Heler here: 2016 Membership Letter, then fill out our online Membership Application and mail your yearly membership dues check (suggested $200 for 2016 but if this is not possible, call Ann 248-677-2273) and a copy of your 501(c)(3) to our Grand Rapids office at:
1211 Lafayette Ave NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49505
(checks made payable to Free Clinics of Michigan)
. As long as you meet the qualifying criteria described below, you will be considered a member as soon as your application is processed.
QUALIFYING CLINICS WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- be a private nonprofit corporation that has 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, or has applied for such status, or is a designated program component of a larger 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization (a copy of your qualifying documentation is required upon initial application).
- provide services utilizing a volunteer-based workforce
- offer or facilitate access to free health services to the uninsured or under-insured who are income eligible
BENEFITS OF FCOM MEMBERSHIP:
- Notification of and participation in FCOM Meetings
- Voting privileges in FCOM organization (limited to one vote per clinic)
- Representation by FCOM Board of Directors
- Networking opportunities with other Free Clinics
- Notification of funding opportunities and potential access to funding
- Access to FCOM listserv and web resources
View our membership brochure for more information on the history and benefits of Free Clinics of Michigan membership!