How does my clinic become a Member?
Fill out our online Membership Application and mail your yearly membership dues check, $100 for 2019, and a copy of your 501(c)(3) to our Grand Rapids office at:
1211 Lafayette Ave NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49505
(checks made payable to Free Clinics of Michigan)
If the $100 is not possible, call Ann, Board President. We can definitely come up with a membership fee that is feasible for your clinic.
. As long as you meet the qualifying criteria described below, you will be considered a member as soon as your application is processed.
QUALIFYING CLINICS WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- be a private nonprofit corporation that has 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, or has applied for such status, or is a designated program component of a larger 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization (a copy of your qualifying documentation is required upon initial application).
- provide services utilizing some percentage of volunteer providers. May also have paid staff.
- offer or facilitate access to free health services to the uninsured or under-insured who are eligible
BENEFITS OF FCOM MEMBERSHIP:
- Notification of and participation in FCOM Annual Meeting and Conference
- Voting privileges in FCOM organization (limited to one vote per clinic)
- Representation by FCOM Board of Directors
- Networking opportunities with other Free Clinics
- Notification of funding opportunities and potential access to funding
- Supporting the development of new clinics across the state
- Working with local and state officials and legislators to educate them regarding the needs of the uninsured and to influence public policy and legislation
View our membership brochure for more information on the history and benefits of Free Clinics of Michigan membership!